Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Soccer Mommy shares new song, 'yellow is the color of her eyes', with visuals





Words: Sam Geary 

Sophie Allison, aka Soccer Mommy, has shared a new song, 'yellow is the color of her eyes', which arrives via Alex Ross Perry's visuals.

The song, which also features harpist Mary Lattimore, is, says Allison, "really important to me. [It] was inspired by a time when I was on the road constantly and I felt like I was losing time - specifically with my mother. It’s also a song that I feel really showcases my writing when it comes to instrumentation, so it’s one that makes me really proud.“

Alex Ross Perry stated on the making of the video:

"The challenge of creating a seven-minute piece was daunting and irresistible in equal measure. Having just completed a film for which the colour-coded design of it’s various acts was of the utmost importance, Sophie’s idea of collaborating on a short-form film to compliment her similarly-conceived new music was irresistible.

"Running with her idea of locations evoking where she wrote this song, the concept couldn’t have announced itself more boldly. To that, I shared images from Breaking the Waves and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It wasn’t until we got the footage back that I realized a dash of first-scene-of-Inception had snuck in there, as well."



Live EU/UK dates

JUNE 2020
04 Oslo, Parkteatret
05 Stockholm, Slaktkyrkan
06 Copenhagen, Hotel Cecil
08 Hamburg, Molotow
09 Berlin, Frannz Club
11 Koln, Bumann & Sohn
13 Brussels, La Botanique
15 Paris, Petit Bain
16 Brighton, Concorde 2
18 London, Electric Ballroom
19 Bristol, Trinity
20 Birmingham, Castle & Falcon
22 Leeds, Belgrave Music Hall
23 Glasgow, Stereo
24 Manchester, Gorilla

No comments:

Post a Comment