Friday, February 07, 2020

Norwegian artist SKIA makes her debut with 'Anyone'





Words: Sam Geary 

Liverpool-based Norwegian Annie Norbye, aka SKIA, is the latest signing to the Heist or Hit label, and for whom she has just unveiled debut single ‘Anyone’.

The alt-pop artist drizzles an array glacial beats and synths over melodic structures that makes for a Scandi-pop pearl.

"I wrote ‘Anyone’ a couple of years ago with one of my favourite co-writers Silvan Rupp, and we were lucky enough to work on it in a one-on-one session with Paul McCartney," she says. "It’s about encouraging you to be confident and fully believe in what you want to be doing, so I took my own advice and ultimately decided to release the song as my debut single, and hope that it will inspire and empower listeners too."

SKIA will make her live debut at The Kazimier Stock Room in Liverpool on February 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment