Friday, November 20, 2020

MarthaGunn find ‘Nowhere To Run’ - so they've dropped a single plus a video!



Words: Ellie Ward 

Brighton five-piece MarthaGunn follow debut EP 'Caught Up & Confused', with a new single and video ‘Nowhere To Run’, out now via Communion.

The glimmering, euphoric indie pop number highlights the band's way with introspective songwriting, and the stunning visusls sees them meld into vivid experimental visuals, bursting with colour.

"It’s beautiful and heartbreaking how lives can intertwine and fall apart," says frontwoman Abi Woodman of the song. "I think about lives as lines being drawn - sometimes you are parallel, and then you divert, maybe you crossover again, maybe you don’t.

"‘I push you away then I get sad when you don’t stay’ – this lyric sums it up. Living far away from someone you love is not easy. I thought for a long time that it would be easier to ignore my feelings and hope that one day our paths would cross again. We live different lives, and I never wanted to get in the way of each other's dreams. But now I've realised, the only time we have is now, so if you love someone, just go and fucking tell them before you lose them forever."

Watch below.

No comments:

Post a Comment