Friday, February 19, 2021

Years & Years share video for their stripped-back cover of Pet Shop Boys’ ‘It’s a Sin’


Years & Years today share the powerful video for their stripped-back cover of Pet Shop Boys’ iconic hit ‘It’s a Sin’, in celebration of Russell T. Davies’ hugely acclaimed Channel 4 show. The series has broken records on All4 with 6.5 million views in the first 10 days, giving the platform its highest monthly viewing figures since it began in 2006. The final episode airs tonight (February 19) in the UK.

“I’ve always loved the iconic Pet Shop Boys and this song’s expression of the gay experience," says frontman Olly Alexander, and star of the TV series. "My character Ritchie loves this song too so I’m really excited to put out our own version. I made this mostly from home just me and my piano so it feels pretty raw and exposed, it’s a really beautiful song to sing."

Watch the video below which features a montage of clips from the show, following Olly and the cast as they move through their fun and challenging lives in 1980s London.

No comments:

Post a Comment