Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Japanese Breakfast is back with 'Be Sweet’

Credit: Peter Ash 


Words: Sam Geary 

Japanese Breakfast makes her return with 'Be Sweet’,  an upbeat, synth-pop bop, that is lifted from her third album, ‘Jubilee’, out on June 4 via Dead Oceans, the follow-up to 2017’s ‘Soft Sounds From Another Planet’.

The track is partnered with a self-directed video, co-starring Mannequin Pussy‘s Marisa Dabice.

“After spending the last five years writing about grief, I wanted our follow up to be about joy," says Michelle Zauner. "For me, a third record should feel bombastic and so I wanted to pull out all the stops for this one. I wrote ‘Be Sweet’ with Jack Tatum from Wild Nothing a few years ago. I’ve been holding onto it for so long and am so excited to finally put it out there.”

Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment